Saturday, November 21, 2009

Things I hate #1: My Last Name

I have a very pretty name except for that stupid hyphenated last name of mine. It pisses me off. Its ugly and I hate it. Instead of my intials being JJJ, they're JJGJ. So of course instead of using the G name, I just use J as my last name. I write it on homework assignments. Its how I introduce myself. Its on my social security card. Any award I receive is engraved Jaylyn J. So it irks me to the very core when people use my full last name. It breaks my heart that I can't be Jaylyn J in the yearbook, and my graduation will be ruined if I have to walk across the stage announced as Jaylyn G-J. I CAN NOT stand when people who know me and know I don't like to be called Jaylyn G-J call me that. Take for instance D, he feels the need to call me Jaylyn G-J after I have repeatedly asked him not to do so. Its shit like that that really grinds my gears. So anyone who wants to speak to me can call me Jaylyn J. Anyone who refers to me as Jaylyn G-J will be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment